FUNCTIONS OF MINISTRY OF PARLIAMENTARY AFFAIRS UNDER RULES OF BUSINESS, 1973
1. Majilis-e-Shoora (Parliament), summoning of either House or both Houses of Joint Sitting of Majilis-e-Shoora (Parliament) and prorogation thereof.
2. Dissolution of the National Assembly.
3. Liaison between the Divisions and Majilis-e-Shoora (Parliament) in respect of official and non-official business; priority of official business.
4. Follow up of the assurances, promises and undertaking given by the Federal Government on the floor of the House with a view to their
implementation by the Divisions concerned.
5. Submission of Bills passed by Majilis-e-Shoora (Parliament) or by the National Assembly to President for his assent.
6. Legislation pertaining to privileges of Majilis-e-Shoora (Parliamentary) and members of Majilis-e-Shoora (Parliament) and members of
Majilis-e-Shoora (Parliament), salaries and allowances of the Chairman and Deputy Chairman of the Senate, Speaker and Deputy Speaker
of the National Assembly and members of Majilis-e-Shoora (Parliament).
7. Legislation pertaining to the Leader of the House and the Leader of the Opposition, provision of staff and other facilities for the Leader of the House.
8. Rules of Procedure of either House or Joint Sitting of Majilis-e-Shoora (Parliament).
9. Legislation pertaining to punishment of persons who refuse to give evidence or produce documents before committees of
National Assembly or the Senate.
10. Appointment and terms and conditions of Federal Parliamentary Secretaries.
11. Legislative business relating to the Election Commission.
12. Prime Minister Public Affairs / Grievances Wing.